Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WORLD'S MOST LUXURIOUS YACHTS

Dear readers of sportandbeuty. Crisis? What crisis? I agree with Supertramp and this summer I’m going to buy a yacht. As buying a yacht is an important decision and I don’t want to get wrong I’m gathering information about luxury yachts. Yes I want to buy a luxury yacht because I’m worth it. I can imagine myself at the wheel of my yacht while island hopping across the Mediterranean Sea. I’ll be able to sunbathe whitouth being photographed by paparazzis and party all day long accompanied by gorgeous girls like the ones you can see in the picture. I only have a problem. I’ve got the money but I don’t know which one of these yachts to buy. Could you please help me to make up my mind?
Brazilian-models-in-a-yacht

1.- We’ll start with “Lady Moura” megaycht. “Lady Moura” is 105.8 metres long (344 feet) and was built in 1990. The yacht was designed by architect Luigi Sturchio from Diana Yacht Design. “Lady Moura” was built by German shipyard Blohm und Voss in Hamburg. Its propelled by 2 6868hp Deutz-MWM engines and is owned by Nasser al Rashid. I like it.
luxury-yacht-Lady-Moura

Lady-Moura

2.- The “Indian Empress” is also Ok and could well meet my needs. It’s a bit shorter than the previous one and is only 95 metres long (311 feet). The yacht was designed by naval architect Richard Hein from The A Group and built by Oceanco. It belongs to Indian tycoon Vijay Mallya owner of Kingfisher Airlines, United Beverages and Indian Princess. What I like most is that the yacht has a small garage suitable for a couple of SLR McLaren Mercedes. Maybe a little small for my needs.
luxurious-yacht-Indian-Empress

Indian-Empress

3.- Another yacht I’m going to consider is the “Kingdom 5KR” formerly Nabila Trump Princess. It is 85.65 metres long (281 feet) and was built in 1980 by Benetti under the direction of naval architect Jon Bannenberg. The “Kingdom 5KR” is propelled by two 3000hp engines and is owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz al Saud, a nephew of the late Saudi Arabia’s king Fahd. The meaning of its name is quite funny. Kingdom is the Saudi Arabia trademark, 5 the owner's favorite number and KR the initials of his children’s names. Amongst Kingdom 5KR’s former owners we can highlight Adnan Kashoggi and Donald Trump before going bankrupt. For a 007 fan like me, this yacht has an additional advantage for it was involved in the shooting of James Bond movie “Never Say Never Again” in 1983.
luxurious-yachts-Kingdom-5KR

4.- Next yacht to consider is “Princess Mariana”. I love this one because it has a small helicopter witch which you can travel to the nearest port to buy tobacco or beer. The “Princess Mariana” is 76.9 metres long (252 feet) and was built in 2003 by Royal Denship. The yacht is owned by Mexican tycoon Carlos Peralta Quintero CEO of the Mexican cellphone company Lusacell and owner of the baseball team Mexico City Tigres. The yacht was named Mariana after Peralta’s wife who has been “promoted” to Princess. You can also hire “Princes Mariana” for 606500€ a week. I don’t want to hire it. I want to buy it because it’s quite cheap and only costs $125 million.
luxurious-yachts-Princess-Mariana

Princess-Mariana

5.- Let’s talk about “Force Blue”, Flavio Briatore’s yacht. As you probably know, Flavio is the Renault F1 team exmanager and Elizabetta Gregoraci’s current husband. The “Force Blue”, former Big Roi, is not may favorite one. It’s a bit too small for my likes and looks like a fishing boat. Briatore’s yacht is only 63.23 metres long (207 feet) and was built by Royal Denship (2003) based on a design by naval architect Tom Texas. The “Force Blue” is propelled by two 2000hp Caterpillar engines and belonged to Roy Speer owner of Home Shopping Network.
luxurious-yachts-Force-Blue

Force-Blue-Briatore's-yacht

6.- The next yacht is the “Sokar”. Built in 1990, this yacht is 63.5 metres long (208 feet). It was built by Codecasa based on a design by naval architect Vicenio Ruggiero. The “Sokar” is propelled by two 3760hp engines and is owned by Egiptian tycoon Mohammed al Fayed, father of Princess Diana’s late boyfriend Dodi Al Fayed and former owner of Harrod’s. The yacht was named “Sokar”after the falcon god of the Memphite necropolis and this is the reason why it features an eagle on one of its sides.
luxurious-yachts-Sokar

7.- I love this one because it’s coming closer to what I need. The “Octopuss” is ranked eighth between the biggest superyachts in the world and was acquired in 2003 by Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder. It’s the second largest yacht in the world that is not owned by a Head of State. It is 126 metres long (414 feet) and is propelled by ¡eight! 2400hp Mercedes Benz engines. It’s equipped with two helicopters ( so you don’t have to fight with your spouse to get one), a small 19-metre vessel, a swimming pool, 2 mini subs to explore the sea bottom, and several jet skis. The “Octopuss” was built by German shipyard Lurssen&HDW and was designed by Espen Oeino naval architects. The hull is made of steel and the yacht interior was designed by American designer Jonathan Quinn Barnett from Seattle. I think this is going to be my choice. I will change its name to "Octopus Paul" the famous octopus that guessed game after game during the last FIFA football World Cup.
luxurious-yachts-Octopuss

Octopuss

8.- Another one I love is “Boadicea”. The “Boadicea” is 70.5 metres long (231 feet) and was built in 1998 by Amels. It is a pity that it’s a bit too small. The yacht is owned by Australian media tycoon Reg Grundy. The “Boadicea” is served by a crew of twenty five and costs $120 million. The second picture shows the dining room where I plan to invite the models of the beginning of the post to have dinner with me.
luxurious-yachts-Boadicea

Boadicea

9.- I will conclude this post with another of the candidates, the “Ilona”. The “Ilona” yacht is 73.7 metres long (241 feet) and was built by Amels in 2003. The yacht interior was decorated by Redman Whitely Dixon. The yacht is equipped with a heliport, a helicopter hangar, hidden garages suitable to accommodate small vessels, and folding diving platforms for sea bathing. It would be perfect for me and I think I can afford it as it only costs $110 million. A real bargain.
luxurious-yachts-Ilona

Ok friends. It is a question of selecting the right one and check if I can pay it upfront or otherwise ask for a small loan. Hereby I invite all of you to sail with me this summer. To conclude with the post I will leave a video where you can see the helicopters taking off from my next yacht, the “Octopus Paul”. Best regards.